Reno Air Races, 2000

To: "Vintage list" <vintage-race@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Reno Air Races, 2000
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlmcle@saturnnet.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:36:33 -0700
I will be working the pits again at this years Reno Air Races, September
14-17, 2000, for #47 "FROSTBITE", a T-6, flown by Jack Frost out of
Marianna, Arkansas.

For Jack, this will be his fourth Reno Air Race. I towed his plane in '97
and '98, and was lucky enough to be invited to work his pit last year and
again this year.

Jack finished fourth in '97, his first Air Racing experience, then won the
Gold race and became the T-6 National Champion in '98.

After besting the previous T-6 lap record by over 5 miles per hour in '99
(240.032mph) (0.032mph over the design Never Exceed Speed for the airplane),
and winning his first heat race with a margin of 22mph over the second place
T-6, mechanical problems took us out of the "race for the gold".

Everything is ready for this year, and if you can possibly make it to the
races please come by the "FROSTBITE" pit and let me buy you something cold
to drink.

If you have never attended the Reno Air Races: it is to aviation what
LeMans, Indy  500, Monterey Historics and Formula One are to auto racing!!
Especially, ESPECIALLY, my fellow vintage racers; You think a V12 Ferrari
sounds good at 8,000rpm? Well, as much as I like Ferrari's, IT AIN'T NOTH'IN
compared to the V12 in a P-51 Mustang going by at damn near 500mph!!!!!!!!!!

Find me at the "FROSTBITE" pit..... See you there,
    Carl