Altitude Sickness

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Altitude Sickness
From: "Marc Stenchever" <Marcsten@prontomail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:37:34 -0700
I have been an owner of a series IV With a series V engine for a year
or so. I have been on the list for a while longer and find it very
helpful. This is my first question. I recently tried to drive over
one of our lovely mountain passes her in Washington State and at
about 3000 feet, the car
started to misfire badly, then about two hundred feet higher we
ground to a hault and stalled. Restart was simple, and off we went,
but shortly after the same thing happened. Turning around and heading
back down all was well. What would cause this? I am thinking fuel
starvation, but the carbs seem to be set up right, ie no smoking,
usual fuel mileage, plugs not looking unusual, etc. Please help! I am
stuck here in the valley!
Marc Stenchever
1964 E-Type<BR>
1965 Alpine<BR>