Altitude Sickness

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Altitude Sickness
From: "Marc Stenchever" <Marcsten@prontomail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:46:49 -0700
Thanks for the responses - I thought the fuel pump was crapping out
on me, so I replaced it; no help. I tried actually richening the
carbs (more fuel) a couple of turns as I sat on the side of the road;
that didn't do it either. If I am running out of air, as opposed to
fuel, should I be making the carbs a leaner mix? This would be less
fuel. It seems to me that the carbs would need to be alot richer.
There is an in line fuel filter on the car. Could this be creating
enough extra pressure to cause this? I put that filter in as a second
assist to clean the fuel.
Marc