Re: Ignition Problems

To: owner-alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition Problems
From: CARAHOLIC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:45:12 EST
B4 you replace the coil, retest the condenser. An aged condenser may show OK
on a VOM or Capacitor tester, but may not work under load, an easy test is to
check spark with the condenser disconnected, if spark is improved, replace
it. Remember the condensers function is to absorb onrush voltage when the
points open thereby reducing point contact arching/burning. Also; coil
polarity is important, B sure it is correct, and B sure that the distributor
in tight and there is no paint or corrosion between its contact to the engine
block, 100% of the circuit's ground (from points) comes thru this connection.

Ron