Re: [Re: [Was now what to do with it.]]

To: Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au>,
Subject: Re: [Re: [Was now what to do with it.]]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 5 Mar 2001 21:30:25 EST
When I refer to "real" sports cars, I am refering to the Chassis.  The MGA/MGB
and Triumph had purpose built chassis, the Alpine (and Tiger) was always
hampered by the high ground clearence of the Husky floorpan.  For an Alpine to
beat an MGB is a notable achievement and the person doing deserves a great
deal of credit.

Jan

Victor Hughes <v.hughes@student.canberra.edu.au> wrote:
Jan Eyerman wrote:

> I am glad to hear that some very capable people have been able to take a
> Hillman Husky chassis and a hotted up Hillman Minx engine and beat the tar
out
> of real sports cars (MG, Triumph, etc).

Jan,

No offence, but you're not suggesting the Alpine is not a 'real' sports car
are
you?  Let's not forget the original MG was a hotted up Bullnose Morris, and
MGA's
and B's used the same basic engine as the Morris Oxford sedan.  Triumphs of
all TR
series used engines from sedans as well, and you'll find all sorts of Ford
bits
(including engine) in a Lotus.

A sports car is a sports car not from what you put into it, but from what you
get
out of it.

Cheers

Vic