Goldilocks Tyres - not too big, not too little...

To: alpines@autox.team.net (alpines@autox.team.net)
Subject: Goldilocks Tyres - not too big, not too little...
From: oaxacarob@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:59:02 EST
I'm curious about the tyre question as well ( gotta use the "y").  I also
recently purchased a new set of wheels - Minilites 14 X 6. Plus, the UPS guy
just delivered a new set of Pirelli 195/60 X14's Sport Veloce.

When I spoke with Rick @ SS he said to measure the tread width and try to
keep it at 6" max (this of course, I asked after I bought the tyres). It
looks to me that these tyres are gonna hit the road at around 7 inches.  Is
that a problem? Does any one out there have any experience with these
particular tyres? They haven't been mounted, so it's not too late - just
shipping charges so far.  Also, why do so many people seem to hate Pirelli
tyres.  The motorhead who is helping me with the Alpine just spits and stomps
the ground whenever I mention em. I have been running Mich 13's on my wires -
before the conversion - no problems, just wanted a change.

Thanks in advance!

Rob T.

A few people have asked about my handle: oaxacarob. Well, I'm in the import
business - no, it's not what you think - and I do a lot of work in Oaxaca,
Mex.