RE: My HP?

To: ejmw7762@netscape.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: My HP?
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:06:21 -0800
Eric wrote,

>I'm almost finished rebuilding my 1600 engine and with all this talk of
performance I thought I would pose this >question to you experts:

>What king of HP do you think I will be getting from my 1600 engine bored
.050 over, new dished pistons, Isky sb3 >cam, 2 weber 42 dcoe's, weber
manifold from SS, and new Stainless exhaust from SS as well, and a mild
porting of >the head?

I am curious, I thought the new weber intake from SS was for the 2bbl 32/36
DGV, not DCOEs.

I will assume that you will use the twin webers.
The 42mm webers wont add HP over 40s, (that is 40s are plenty big for a
1600)
but will be superior than any stock config.
Add 10-15BHP over stock (83) for the webers.

The SB3 cam should add 12 to 20BHP over stock.

the exhaust is a wash.

Based upon your figures and the understood nature of the SB3 cam, I'd
propose a power
output between 110BHP and 120BHP.

This assumes that you are running at least 9.3/1 CR.

If you have 11/1 CR youd probably get 125BHP.

Jarrid Gross