RE: [Re: LBC report - Tokyo]

To: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Subject: RE: [Re: LBC report - Tokyo]
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:18:14 -0800
Jan wrote,

>supposedly, built SOHC and DOHC versions.  According to some of the
Australian
>Rootes enthusiasts, these engines will bolt right into a Rootes car and
>supposedly, the Isuzu DOHC head can be installed on a 1592cc Rootes engine.
>have looked at the various Isuzu engines going back to the Chevy LUV pickup
>and they sure do look like Rootes engines.  I have tried writing to Isuzu
over
>the years about this and have never gotten a reply from either Isuzu Japan
or
>Isuzu USA.

Beleive it or not, I have been looking into the isuzu connection for years,
even scouring bone yards in hopes of finding an early chevy luv with en
engine
to ponder.

Ive been looking for cult chevy luv sites too, but dont find any tech info
there.
My best best thus far has been holden gemini sites.

This is what I know...
1) The isuzu engine that supposedly was a meticized rootes engine was the
G160.
2) American chevy luvs used a the G180 and G181, which I hope is a 1.8 liter

   equivilient of the G160 engine.
3) There is not respect in the US for that engine or that make of vehicle,
and
   as such has turned sort of into how the plymouth cricket is, in that
there are
   none in bone yards or seemingly anywhere else.

I'd really love to see if there is some possiblity of bolting the G160/G180
head on a 1725, in fact I'd go to great lengths to make to mods for the
benefit of having OHC on an alpine engine.

Anyone out there have more info, or soem ideas?

Jarrid Gross