Engine Block Grading

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Block Grading
From: SunbeamAlpine64@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 07:03:33 EST
Hello piners,

This might be daft but it's been puzzling me - and I am new to all this
mechanical stuff!

How should I choose the size to have the block rebored to? I'm planning the
rebuild of my 1725 and have already had the head reconditioned which included
a -20thou skim, apart from that it's stock valves etc. I'm guessing that
`+40th pistons` would be appropriate (I'll also probably be using a Stage 2
cam) But what size should I have the  clylinders bored to ? It probably
sounds daft but might a straight +40th overbore make the pistons too slack or
too tight dependant on the block grading (A-D) - I had a quick
look at the block but couldn't find a stamp marking - where is it ?

thanks
Mark
Series IV GT OD RHD
England