Re: Alpine GT

To: "Russell & Neola" <rmaddock@petrie.hotkey.net.au>,
Subject: Re: Alpine GT
From: "Greg Locke" <glocke@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 10:20:14 +1200
One sold here recently to a guy, Gavin Pepper in the NZ sunbeam Owners club.
This could be the same one. There was also one entered in the TARGA (a 5 day
classic high speed rally) about 5 years ago. It was quite competitiive as
well and looked great, lowered, on wide rubber, orange with black stripes
and I think black roof. There had been a lot of work to make it strong and
reliable, very little was standard rapier fastback as far as brakes,
suspension and driveline. It lasted the 1500 miles very well, in an event
which only 60% of cars complete intact.

Greg Locke NZ
Ultimate sleeper 120hp hillman superminx
+ heaps of other rootesmobiles