RE: [Fwd: oil pipe question]

To: Matthew Trebelhorn <matttrebelhorn@netscape.net>, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [Fwd: oil pipe question]
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 08:14:29 -0800
Matt wrote,

>That's bad, because without removing this pipe, I can't remove the valve
gear, which I need to do to torque the >head, to pull the head, etc. etc.
So, in order to torque the head (for example), I need to pull the
distributor, >the oil filter housing, and the side cover, undo the *bottom*
of this pipe, and go from there.

Actually you dont need to loosen this to retorque the head, the loop allows
for flex.

>Do I just chuck the whole thing?  Cut the pipe just below the bronze
fitting and use a screw extractor?  Or will >that just rotate the pipe?

You could remove the compression nut on the engine block (inside side cover
cavity),
then remove the 8 nuts from the rocker towers, and the whole valve train
should lift out
the top head, taking the tube with it.

I wouldnt cut the tube else you will get metal debris in your oil system.

Jarrid Gross