Re: Cooling system help

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cooling system help
From: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:05:10 -0700
Here is a different take on it.  I put in a deeper radiator and used to run
a flex fan here in the Southern California San Fernando Valley, all year
round.  It gets over 100 here during the late summer.  That used to do
generally ok, but still would get quite hot on those ugly days and stop and
go traffic.

Since then, I have rebuilt the engine.  This included dumping all that
"sand" out of the block, putting on the Holbay head and going back to the
stock 6 bladed fan.  Now, it is like a tank.  It never gets up near the
limit.  In fact on some cooler days, it seems not even to get as high as
I'd think it should.  I don't know what did it.  I don't know if it was
that "sand" or if the Holbay head is some how more efficient.  All I know
is the difference is amazing, and I'm not using a special fan.

Jay