Re: [Stock 6 bladed fan??]

To: Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Stock 6 bladed fan??]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 25 Apr 2001 14:51:29 EDT
Rootes did alot of varying of components depending on where a new car was
being shipped to.  Add to that Rootes "universal" overseas delivery (you could
order a car from your dealer in the USA to be picked up just about anywhere in
Europe for a vacation and then bring the car home) and you have some
interesting possibilities.  For example, Hillmans delivered to Bermuda came
with different axle ratios then cars delivered anywhere else (plus no horns-).

Possibly an overseas delivery to say Italy, might be fitted with a six blade
fan.  Note that the "X" in the serial number meant "different from standard
specification" in the Rootes books, not "eXport".

Jan

Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com wrote:
Sorry folks.  I wrote in my description of my car that I am running the
"stock 6 bladed fan."  I got this very late Series V in 1976.  It had a 6
bladed fan which matched perfectly with the color of the pully.  I always
assumed it was the stock fan.  I know this has gone around on this list
before, and quite a few folks disagreed that it was stock for my year.
Although the car was not new when I got it, and there certainly was a
chance that it was replaced, I still would like to believe it was stock.
It's not as though it's anything special that someone would go to the
trouble of using to gain anything, and the rest of the car was bone stock.
But, I can't get everything I want, now can I?

So, sorry if I mislead you into thinking it was stock.  It may very well
not be stock.

Jay