Brake Servo

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Servo
From: "Vladimir Broz" <a66beamer@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:23:49 -0400
After spending all winter rejuvenating a tired 1966 SV, I finally got it on
the road a few weeks ago, only to discover that the overhauled brake servo I
installed would sporadically hang up.  This of course locked the brakes and
made it rather inconvenient to plan a country cruise.

Smacking the servo lightly (that took restraint!) temporarily freed the
servo piston.  Unfortunately, nothing I did permanently cleared the problem,
so I simply disconnected the vacuum line.  The brake lines remain connected
to the servo and the brakes work fine with just a wee bit more pedal effort.
  This week I drove 300 delightful, top-down miles through the New York/New
Jersey countryside with nary a hitch.

Question: Is there a potential long term braking problem if I leave the
brakes lines attached to the servo with the vacuum line blocked off?

Any words-of-wisdom are most welcome!

All the best, Vlad