??opportunity of a lifetime??

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: ??opportunity of a lifetime??
From: Ben Mies <bmtbm1@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:32:52 -0400
On my way out of town to the invasion, I came across an Alpine off in a
field. We (my father and I) figured it to be a series 1,2,or 3. Well when I
got back, we drove by the place repetedly to see if we could find the guy
as their was no address or phone number. Well my father and my grandfather
were out in the Series V Alpine that they restored twenty years before. The
owner of the car in the field saw the car in a grocery store and talked to
my grandfather. To make a long story relatively short......

..............the car is actually a 1960 Series I Alpine that he had bought
twenty five years ago in 1975 and stored in a barn from the day he bought
it. He took the Alpine out of the barn a few days ago and put it in his
yard. The car is not in very good shape although all of the parts are
there. The body is in as good a shape as can be expected. It needs a new
trunk lid and the rocker panels and rear corner panels need to be repaired
as there is some rust on them. All of the gauges are there and appear to
look pretty good. The top is bad, the engine does not run but all parts are
there. The floor panels need patching as they seem to be rusty. I can get
the car for about $400. We have a complete drivetrain from a Series V that
is all in perfect working order to swap right in although the parts in the
car could be used. We also have quite a few other parts to use like gauges,
wheels, door handles, and quite a few other parts. Does this seem like a
wise choice for a restoration. It has the potential for a good car, plus we
have a whole lot of the parts.