Re: Clutch hydraulics

To: JACranwell@cs.com
Subject: Re: Clutch hydraulics
From: lauri@lorenzo.pp.fi (lauri lehtinen)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:02:20 +0300
Air from the clutch hydr. syst. is easiest pushed out upwards.

Connect a hose (and let it fill with flid) from left brake disc bleeding
screw to the bleeding of the clutch slave cyl.

Open both screws, and pump with brake pedal (closing brake screw when pedal
is down) as when bleeding brakes. Air escapes to the master cyl.

Take care of the clutch master cyl., it gets rapidly full. After that you
get a brake fluid and firewall paint mixture, which flows downwards.

I have never tried this, I have lost twice my nerves and several days with
air bubbles. Then I took master cyl loose and tilted it forward. Driving
car in a steep hill (nose downwards) makes the same, but driving without
clutch is a nightmare, specially if you live in a land like let us say the
Netherlands, where is no mountain neither hill. (There is a bump before a
safeway in Amsterdam, and they build another to Antwerp).

Yes, this trick is from Mercedes workshop, but unlike other Mercedes things
this is cheap.

Oh, the sun is going to set here in Helsinki. My clock shows 23.00. Few
days to the midnight sun. (Helsinki lies 600 kilometres too south - we have
not real midnight sun here, neither in Stockholm, Sweden).

#arry

#auri Lehtinen
Lehtipuu Oy
Kirkonkylantie 83