Re: Hot Issue

To: schristie@mail.usfli.com
Subject: Re: Hot Issue
From: CMeinel464@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:37:40 EDT
Scott,

The first thing I would do is get the Alpine up to running temp and have a
meat thermometer in the radiator, see how accurate your readings are. If it
is not running as hot as you think check the instrument regulator under the
dash. Also check the ground for the temp gauge and the balance of the temp
gauge wiring.

If all seems OK, but the car is still running hot, I would suspect the
thermostat. Take it out, put it in a pot and raise the water temp to see if
it opens when it's should.  In the summers I run a 160.

Curt
Classic Sunbeam