Re: Overdrives and rpm]

To: robert nanzig <rnanzig@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrives and rpm]
From: Ron Tebo <tebomr@cadvision.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 05:56:42 -0600
Rob:

No, I'm suggesting that the rolling diameter of a radial would be less
than it's true diameter because of it's compression when on the car. The
same idea would be less true with a bias-ply because of the stiffer
sidewalls. Also. I believe this is why most tire manufacturers have gone
to revolutions per mile to avoid this confusion (just my guess). This
statistic could even have subsequent expansion due to centrifugal force
built into it, although I don't know if this is done.

Ron Tebo