Series V For Sale

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Series V For Sale
From: "Fisher, Michael" <m-fisher2@onu.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:54:25 -0400
Fellow Beamers:

I have to sell my series V.  I am moving soon and can't take it with me.
The asking price for the car and parts is $4500.  The car can be seen at
http://www.team.net/www/rootes/sunbeam/alpine/mk1-5/images/mf_s5.jpg .  My
realistic assessment of the car follows:

1.      Body needs some work.  I had intended to redo the body this past summer
but just didn't have the time or $$$. The DPO told me that the body was in
great shape, but I know he was lying.  I have found bondo in several
places.  The front valence is missing, there is some rust through in the
trunk above the exhaust mount and a small ding under the driver-side
headlight. The floorpan was badly rusted and some DPO (not the one I bought
it from) put in a fiberglass floor.  I have had no trouble with the floor.
2.      Interior needs redone.
3.      DPO put on a new top before I got the car, not really a good job, but
the top is in great shape.
4.      Engine rebuild was completed in May 1998.  Engine has less than 5000
miles.  I have upgraded to electronic ignition (well worth it!), three core
radiator (again well worth it) and a new alternator with internal voltage
regulator (again well worth the effort).  The rebuild included all new
bearings, rings, valves and guides.  The block was cleaned (including the
casting sand around cylinder 4, see my original post in the archives) and
honed.  Carburetors have also been rebuilt.  Rod bolts are ARP bolts
courtesy of Ramon.  Price also includes another 1725cc engine (long block -
with head and flywheel, minus manifolds and carbs), extra crankshaft, extra
camshaft and four extra pistons and rods (although only two of the pistons
are usuable.)  The engine is in great shape.
3.      All hydraulics have been rebuilt.
4.      Transmission has bad 2nd gear synchro, pops out of second gear under
hard acceleration.
5.      New rear axle bearings, pinion shaft bearings and innera axle bearings
(in the differential).  New U-joints.  Ring gear bolts are solid.

The car is located in Lima, Ohio.  This is a tough decision and I would
like to move pretty fast on it.  You can reach me via e-mail:
m-fisher2@onu.edu, phdastro@aol.com or sally3mac@aol.com.  Home phone is
419.999.4614, office phone is 419.772.2740.

Thanks,

Mike Fisher
Associate Professor of Physics and Astronomy
Ohio Northern University
525 South Main Street
Ada, OH  45810

phone:  419/772-2740