Re: ["Hillman - " Top frame update]

To: "jon" <humbersnipe@home.com>, <buddshillman@msn.com>
Subject: Re: ["Hillman - " Top frame update]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 4 Sep 2001 14:59:17 EDT
Jon,

Something is wrong with your computer, I got the same message about 10
times!!!

Jan

"jon" <humbersnipe@home.com> wrote:
This message forwarded by the Hillman List.

Well, I found a parts update that I'd forgotten I had -  and I just bought
it at the Invasion!

It seems the top frame changed significantly for the Series III. Both Series
I and II had the same frame, but with the Series III, they changed the
header as well as the latch mechanism that locks the frame upright.  This
puts a bit of a crimp in things.

I thought I might be able to use the Ser III header, and just change the
locating plates that guide the header into the windshield frame. No such
luck - all the hardware specs are different according to the parts book.
They went from  #6  machine screws to #10 machine screws, so a fair amount
of butchery would be required to try it that way.

It looks like I'll have to try to find a Ser I or II top frame, or at least
the header rail and passenger's side rail from one.

Keep an eye out, folks, thanks!

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA

Please address all replies to messages from the Hillman List to:

     hillman@can-inc.com

This will assure that all members of this list will benefit from the
information in your reply.