RE: Valve Adjisting 1725 Questions

To: Ed Esslinger <edstiger@snowhill.com>,
Subject: RE: Valve Adjisting 1725 Questions
From: Jarrid Gross <JGross@econolite.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:23:49 -0700
Ed,

The change in lash is a very complicated thing.
You have the differential of expansion of aluminum head
in relation to the steel valves, but in addition to that
you have the steel pushrod, which is rather long, and
probably gains more due to its length and rocker ratio
then the head does with its higher expansion coeficient.

Anyhow, it has been my experience that the lash increases
with temp on these engines, so what you see is normal.

Jarrid Gross