Re: Totally cool Holden screensaver (Aussie if not Brit

To: humbersnipe@home.com, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Totally cool Holden screensaver (Aussie if not Brit
From: Paul Heuer <paul.heuer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:30:20 +0930
Jon,
Holden tried to export the Commodore (wagon I think?) to the US, as GM
doesn't have a large RWD V8 wagon in its line up, or there is no 'next'
model as such. I understand the US auto unions vetoed the idea.

Holden already makes the Commodore in LHD for the mid east market
(mainly the luxury Calais and Statesman).

The irony is that the car uses US-derived engines (3.8 V6, 5.7 V8) and
gearboxes (T-700), and the Corvette's brakes. Its a nice car.
Cheers,
Paul.
NO ARCHIVE