Re: [RE: Alpine GT on ebay]

To: "Tom Hill" <tom.hill@att.net>, <ellis838@concentric.net>,
Subject: Re: [RE: Alpine GT on ebay]
From: Jan Eyerman <jan.eyerman@usa.net>
Date: 23 Sep 2001 21:19:40 EDT
The big fastback was sold in the USA in 1969 and 1970 as a Sunbeam Alpine GT.
The GT model had twin Strombergs and full instruments while the plain Sunbeam
Alpine had a single Stromberg (and a cast iron head).  No Sunbeams were
imported officially after 1970.  Mainly due to emissions laws and crash
testing.  HOWVER, various Rootes cars did continue to trickle into Canada.
Back in the mid seventies someone told me of a Sunbeam Rapier H-120 in Nova
Scotia.  So it is possible, now that these cars are 25+ years old, that the
Canadian cars are beginning to come down here.

Jan

"Tom Hill" <tom.hill@att.net> wrote:
Jim,

I don't think the H120 was badged as an Alpine.  I think is was a Sunbeam
Rapier H120.  The lister has probably confused the strombergs with webers.

My $.02

Tom

P.S. The dyno runs are finished on my engine.  Report forthcoming!