Car transportation to races....

To: <GSTROM99@aol.com>
Subject: Car transportation to races....
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2002 08:55:24 -0500
There's not much to tell, yet.  It is just discussion Don has
had with somebody involved with Mid-Ohio vintage event.

There are a couple of "catches".

1) Sesslar isn't lic. by the SVRA (but somebody said it would be no problem,
however, I am a bit cautious about that)
2) I still have a lot of setup work on my car to do.  We ran it last year
once but that was after 34 years of sitting.  I hate to send somebody out
in a car which has issues... and mine did at the time.  Mostly caburation
tuning problems.
4) My car is really to 60's specifications.  The cars running these days are
much faster...
5) Getting the car to Mid-Ohio
6) VSCCA has allowed me to run the car without a fuel cell.
I had only planed on Driver school and track days this year so I really
haven't budgeted a fuel cell, too.  (two big budget hits!)

So, not much yet.  It is very preliminary.   I am sure Don will run in the
Mid-Ohio event in somebody's car (Porsche?, Mustang?) this year and I hope
it is my Alpine he runs.

Steve