Re: Head gasket inquiry

To: "Jon A." <humbersnipe@cox.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Head gasket inquiry
From: "Greg Locke" <glocke@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 16:35:22 +1300
Hi Jon

Spending a few hours with a burr and deshrouding the valves and opening the
head out a bit may be a better option. It will give increased performance,
and will mean that he won't always be needing to get special headgaskets
made each time they blow. I think the copper ones need to be changed every
year or so too, as they react with the alloy. Someone will need to confirm
this.

Greg