Re: Head gasket inquiry

To: glocke@ihug.co.nz, humbersnipe@cox.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head gasket inquiry
From: MrZAG57@aol.com
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 22:52:54 EST
In a message dated 3/5/2002 9:40:49 PM Central Standard Time,
glocke@ihug.co.nz writes:

> Hi Jon
>
> Spending a few hours with a burr and deshrouding the valves and opening the
> head out a bit may be a better option. It will give increased performance,
> and will mean that he won't always be needing to get special headgaskets
> made each time they blow. I think the copper ones need to be changed every
> year or so too, as they react with the alloy. Someone will need to confirm
> this.
>
> Greg

Greg,

I agree and disagree. I did the Vizard mods to the Monster motor and this is
one of the ways we were able to get the compression down to 10.5:1. I MAY
disagree about having o change them because of alloy / copper reaction. I
used the blue Hylomar spray on both sides of the gasket and have seen no
problems.

Wish I was where you are,and I still have that package to send you. I will,
just very busy.

Eric