Re: gearboxes

To: <TIGEROOTES@aol.com>, <lauri.lehtinen@pp.nic.fi>
Subject: Re: gearboxes
From: "Ian Spencer" <SpenceIC@Healthall.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:02:17 -0400
All of this is posted at www.sunbeamalpine.org under the Production Time Line.

The axel splines changed at different times depending on if the car was OD or
non-OD. It all happened in 1961.

The '64 Series IVa had a 1600cc engine with a fully syncro tranny.

Ian

Ian Spencer
Client Services
University Hospital
Health Alliance of Greater Cincinnati
(513) 584-0365

>>> "lauri lehtinen" <lauri.lehtinen@pp.nic.fi> 05/15/02 11:03AM >>>
Thanks!
Have you any idea of the year when coarse splines changed to fine ones? Was
it when the new body was introduced? Was full synchro ever made with 1600
engine, or is it purely 1725cc's box?
(I must phone around the country to find a box rapidly, and I have to
identify them during my call).

Once again: This is info which is very slow to get without you and without
NET!
Thank you!

Larry