Fuel leak at Carburretor - Not Alpine

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel leak at Carburretor - Not Alpine
From: SunbeamAlpine64@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:28:59 EST
Firstly thanks for all the tips and advice I received regarding my previous
post.
I'm delighted to say I got the engine running last night (first time it's
turned in 18yrs) and it registered good oil pressure and ran smoothly
although very noisily as both exhausts are virtually non existent.

I had to cut the test short before she got up to temperature when I noticed a
fuel leak from fuel feed pipe at the carb. On closer inspection I realised
that the brass tube to which the fuel line is secured had worked loose from
the carb body - How can I fix it?

Any advice, as always is gratefully received.

Mark
1964 Alpine Series 4 GT
1968 Reliant Scimitar Coupe
1991 Volkswagen Passat   ha ha ha