Re: What's the skinny on Pertronix?

To: "Paul Heuer" <pheuer@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: What's the skinny on Pertronix?
From: "Ed Esslinger" <edstiger@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 13:50:47 -0600
  Hi Paul There was a problem with the LU-142A  in as you could not retard
the ign. enough, after installing the unit, due to the vacuum advance
hitting the engine block. They changed the magnet ring to fix this problem.
 All new units are supposed to have the new magnet ring. I wrote all this up
some time ago but I can't find it now.  Best Regards  Ed

 LATEST MODEL LU-142A, WITH THE CORRECT MAGNET RING FOR THE SUNBEAM ALPINE.
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST IMPROVEMENTS YOU CAN DO TO INCREASE THE RELIABILITY
OF YOUR IGN. SYSTEM. > This unit is for negative ground cars only Series 5
or cars that have been changed to negative ground.
Cool Cat Eddie ,1 S3 GT,3 S4's, 2 S5's, 2 MK1 Tigers