Holbay head with stock inlet/exhaust

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Holbay head with stock inlet/exhaust
From: "barbara laifman" <barbaralaifman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 19:37:53 -0700
> But is this "step" a problem? It may look unpleasant but it can give some
> turbulence in the incoming petrol fumes that will give better atomisation
> and better fuel economy.
>
> Kristian J

As indicated, steps are not good.  The smoother and straighter the path for
the atomized gas the better.  Steps and puddling ruin that.  That's one of
the whole reason the side draft carbs with straight runners was so sought
after for performance applications (like Webers).

Also, as I pointed out in my last post, there is also the problem with the
step in the exhaust and the lower compression.

Jay