Holbay head and manifolds

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Holbay head and manifolds
From: "barbara laifman" <barbaralaifman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 19:31:32 -0700
>> I'm sure I've seen the answer to this quesiton somewhere but can't find it..
>>
>> Can standard Series 4 or 5 manifolds be used on a Holbay H120 head ?

As already asked, inlet or exhaust?  Though it is correct that they will
bolt on, the inlet hole on the Holbay is smaller and the exhaust hole is
larger.  So, both going in and out, the gas will hit a ledge causing
turbulence.   Also, if you just bolt on the head without changing the
pistons, you will lower the compression ratio quite a bit.  Thus, if
performance is what you want, you will be going in the wrong direction
without the Weber intake and different exhaust.

Jay