Re: Hub Puller

To: "Thomas Wiencek" <wiencek@anl.gov>
Subject: Re: Hub Puller
From: "Keith Johnson" <keiths55@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:00:40 +1000
Sounds like the fun I had getting hubs apart on a 1950 Anglia. You need a
hub puller to renew the brake linings. Clever Mr Ford.
I tried all the urban legend tricks. Undid the hub nuts a couple of turns,
put the split pins back and wend for a winding drive.
Eventually gave up took it to the ford guy and said "fix it"
He needed to use the gas to get them off.
Don't Rootes rear wheel bearings last forever??? If they are this difficult
to replace.
I did the rear axle bearings on my 55, just took the halfshafts into the
bearing place and they sorted it. Different design to the later Rootes rear
end.
A treat in store when I get to this point on my Rapier :-))

Keith
55 Californian
57 Rapier