RE: Snow chains

To: "'Patrick'" <patrick@patmania.ch>, <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Snow chains
From: "Chuck Nicodemus" <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:16:20 -0800
Patrick, If you want a good traction tire I would suggest a studded
type. We use these here in the North West and they are real common. Easy
to run on and speed does't count. Normally 55 mph is OK and I have gone
up to 75 mph with them. The draw back is that on bare pavement you may
have some loss of traction in hard curves.

I would not put on a chain to save my proverbial tail, any more. You
lose one or it breaks the side it comes off on may get beat all to heck.
There is also a tire called the Obverse, a non studded tire with great
traction in all weather. Draw back is the wear down is more than a
standard tire. Suggested by tire installers, to put them on all 4 wheels
for better control.
Well good luck in your ventures

My 4.75 P
Chuck