Alipine find

To: "Alpine list" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alipine find
From: "Russ Eshelman" <RussE@Firstva.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:20:33 -0500
   Today I went with a friend to check out a Sunbeam he had found in a junk
yard just north of Fredericksburg Virginia (U.S.A.).   It turned out to be a
series II Alpine,  B9111467 LRX  O.D.  SB25.  The car is  surprisingly solid
and fairly complete.  The owners  have had it for a number of years and won't
sell parts from it, but will sell the car whole, they are asking $950.00.  The
sad part of it is there are a few other cars preventing the removal of the
Sunbeam from it's resting place.  You would have to dismantle the car and
carry it out piece by piece unless you are lucky enough to visit after they
have crushed some cars that are in the way.  Normally this find wouldn't be
too note worthy except this one has overdrive, and would make someone a  nice
restoration project,  or a very complete parts car.  I have enough projects
that will never be finished so if anyone is interested drop me a line and I
will help.
  There is what appears to be a 1963 Humber Scepter there also,  the only
thing I noticed missing was the instruments and taillights, other than that
condition was not to bad, could be another project car.
Russ