steering column question

To: "Alpine Discussion List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: steering column question
From: "Bill Mounce" <bmounce@ptd.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 17:25:08 -0400
Good afternoon all:

The Alpine project is rounding the curve, and may hit the checkered flag by
July.  Ahhh, visions of my fat butt behind the wheel!  At any rate, prior to
that, I  have a potential problem: the steering column, when the adjusting nut
is loose, comes out entirely!  I seem to recall on my old car, back in the
70s, the column adjusted in and out, but did not come out entirely.  What have
I done wrong/what is missing?  This is not an issue when the locking nut has
been tightened.  All thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

---