Stuck Hood

To: Alpine List <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stuck Hood
From: The Harbens <harben@JoiMail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 17:32:14 -0700
Bigg Problem........

Took out my SV for nice little ride first time this spring.  Got back to
the garage and could not release the hood latch. The handle would pull
from inside the car, but the hood would not spring upward to release.

 From under the hood hinges, I was able to completely loose the bolt
hinges so that the hood now is detached from the car. With a pry bar
pulling up (and pressing it down as well) while moving the hood in many
directions, I am still unable to unlatch the hood.

I am grateful for any and all suggestions.

Thanks,

Bill Harben
Auburn CA