Re: Bench Grinders and Stands??

To: "Dan Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>, "Tiger List"
Subject: Re: Bench Grinders and Stands??
From: "Chuck Nicodemus" <armorseal@spiretech.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 07:22:33 -0700
A home supply store probably won't be able to be up to standard. Sears is a
good choice, I have used thier stuff for over 45 years,, yeh I'm old. But I
did purchase a drill press from Harbor and was disapointed that the 1/3 rd
horse motor would not drill a 1/2 " hole. no power. It was classed as a 1/2"
drill bench model. I guess you just have to keep trying, Always remember a
cheep tool can be very cheep. Spending several hundreds of dollars for a
tool that you should have around for 20-30 years is not a bad thing. I would
say go to Sears, get the best in it's class and be assured that any thing
goes wrong , ya can always take it back.
My 14.275 P
Chuck, with a 1/2 " drill setting below the bench waiting for a sucker to
come along.
~(8=)