Re: rebuilding 1725 (horror stories!)

To: bwana@c2i2.com, alpines@autox.team.net, hillman@can-inc.com
Subject: Re: rebuilding 1725 (horror stories!)
From: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:24:39 EDT
        Have I mentioned my one and only experience with yet another machine
shop and a flywheel?  My daily driver Minx needed a clutch and at the time, I
didn't know how simple a job it is to remove and replace a starter ring gear,
so I took my flywheel and a new gear to a machine shop to be resurfaced and
have them replace the gear.  I needed the car back together quickly, but it
didn't quite work out that way.

       They did a beautiful resurfacing job on the flywheel but they used a
hydraulic press to try to remove the gear and they punched the entire center
out of my one and only flywheel.  Morons!

Jim