Re: 2005 Sunbeam Tiger

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2005 Sunbeam Tiger
From: ALF1725@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 21:42:09 EDT
In a message dated 7/30/2004 6:03:58 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sunbeammadd@yahoo.com writes:

The  other issue with this is that as far as I know
Peugeot still own the rights  to the name, at least in
Europe. They used to guard the Sunbeam name  carefully.
Maybe they've finally decided they're never going to
use  it.

Did you see the Sunbean Alpine SUV on the same site?
Looks a bit  like a rebadged Eastern European product.

I'd be very surprised if  Peugeot have given up the
rights to the Alpine name as they used to fight  over
that with Renault all the time. They'd surely be too
proud to roll  over now.

=========

In my humble opinion, if indeed the name Sunbeam did appear again, that the
marque would be somehow connected to original.  Not sure what that would  mean
in practical terms, but do find it interesting that Peugeot would value the
rights though they current do not badge any vehicles with the name.  But
sense that I am preaching to the choir when implying that the name Sunbeam is
special in the automotive world!

Cheers,
   Al - Series V - B395008421 LXR