Fasteners left after assembly

To: Alpine list members <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fasteners left after assembly
From: Carl Wade <cwade@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:32:38 -0400
I worked as a mechanic for many years at a marina before I had my own
shop.  The owner used to try and play a joke on me by tossing in a few
extra bolts, nuts, or washers from something completely different, like
a different brand name outboard motor.  He would do this when I had an
engine apart and was waiting for parts or machine shop work.  Briefly
puzzled me the first time when I wondered how the part got into the
box.  Never got me worried about my assembly, though.

Carl Wade
Williamson, New York State (near Lake Ontario), USA

B395000858 LRX