Re: Gas T fitting

To: "Bill & Denise Harben" <harbens@JoiMail.com>,
Subject: Re: Gas T fitting
From: "humbersnipe" <humbersnipe@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 17:44:26 -0500
After waiting several months for one, since they're on backorder with
everybody, I decided to look into the brass fitting options.

Decided a 1/4" compression fitting would work, but most people cut the pipe
on the carbs to fit one. I didn't want to do that. Instead, I drilled out
the center of the compression T to clear the extra fuel inlet pipe, and
carefully ground down the threaded part of the T that faces the carbs to
allow the nuts to fit closer to the T. The useless piece of pipe from the
old rubber T fit into the inlet side of the compression fitting once I cut
it down a little.

Went together fine, and so far, no leaks.

Hope this helps,

Jon Arzt
Omaha, NE  USA