Re: A monumentous occasion!

To: humbersnipe@cox.net, alpines@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A monumentous occasion!
From: CANISDOG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:25:19 EDT
Jon,
Very interesting about the clamps.  I took my Alpine around the block about 5
times last night to get it hot.  Lots of smoke from new paint, dust and
whatever else was burning off.
I too have the SS exhaust from VB.  Right now, it's just hanging there pushed
together without ANY clamps.  I am going to have to take it to a muffler shop
and have them bend my header to the center a bit more.  Right now, everything
is pushed against the left side.  Seems they were "off" a little when making
mine.  I was barely able to even get a pipe on the down header, I had to put a
cinch strap to it and pull it to the right to get the first pipe on.

I was unable to get a "U" clamp through the two pipes welded together at the
end of the header, they didn't leave enough room!  The strap clamps sound
great!  I'll get down to the Motorcycle shop Monday and order mine.

Make it easy for me!  What sizes do I need for the whole package.

Paul
Colorado

Check out the new British Cars Forum: