Re: Michael Gardner sent you these eBay Item(s)

To: mbgardner@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: Michael Gardner sent you these eBay Item(s)
From: JACranwell@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:57:03 EDT
Mike,

We may need some help here from the wider Alpine fraternity.

I don't think the ebay gasket/overhaul kit (item 7987181770) will fit.

That item fits the following Webber downdraft models:

DGV
DGEV
DGAV
DGES

The kit also features a 'power valve diaphragm' which I don't believe the
earlier models had.

Now, what I have successfully installed on my SIII is:

Webber 28/36 DCD-23
No. 146992

That indicates diameters of 28mm for the primary, and 36mm for the secondary
choke, as opposed to 32/36 for the later model.

It could be that the 32/36 flange would mate with the original Solex type
manifold, but we would need confirmation of the dimensions to be sure. Then it
should, in theory, be possible to get venturi and jets to match the Alpine
engine.

I suspect the DCD series is much earlier than those for which the kit is
intended. There may be common components, such as the gaskets to the manifold
which are common between the two types, but I'm not sure.

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Julian.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: