Difficulties with all

To: "Bob Hamilton" <hamilton@accesswave.ca>,
Subject: Difficulties with all
From: "Lauri Lehtinen" <lehtinen.lauri@kolumbus.fi>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 22:13:26 +0300
Dear sirs and friends,
after changing my computer I have had difficulties to get my messages to the
list. So I copy and paste them here in (faint) hope they get through. They
are about ragtop and rear spring bushes.

1) Hello, is it easy to change bushes to leaf springs?
I got an advice to remove the springs and go to spring smith. At the other
hand, it should be posseble to extract them with a suitable bolt and a piece
of steel tube. When replacing, what is correct lubricant? Water or glycol ?
Or is it too difficult to do at home?

2) How difficult is to change a RHD car into LHD?
Most of the holes etc. are ready for both versions.

3) Has anyone a parts car with ragtop hardware? After I got a parts/workshop
manual (I have had a papper copy for 15 years, but without those body
pictures) I found out I have no tension cables& springs, neither "decoration
covers" - the frame is as bare as posseble to get the hood to work basicly.
I can give part numbers and other data if someone has a parts car. I also
lost one bumper overrider last summer (Ser 4).

Straight after eastern I leave to Cyprus for 2 weeks, so it would be good to
get these parts collecting started before I pass outside the net.

I hope this message can find its way to the Alpines list.

Lauri Lehtinen
journalist, engineer
Helsinki, Finland
Mobile: +358 400 851988