Re: Quick Status for the World's Fastest Sunbeam (wannabe)

To: "Ron Tebo" <mrtebo@shaw.ca>, "drmayf" <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: Quick Status for the World's Fastest Sunbeam (wannabe)
From: "Carl McLelland" <carlynneracing@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 08:34:33 -0800
Drmayf,
I 'second' Ron's comments. Fabrication is difficult enough when you have a
complete machine shop and professional staff right there to provide undivided
attention and assistance. Something else entirely when your doing it yourself,
at your expense. Although I'm no longer an Alpine racer its a car that remains
close to heart! Andy Walker bought my car and is just about finished with his
own restoration of the car and ready for the track again. As good as I thought
I prepared the car it brings "a tear to a glass eye" to see what a fantastic
job Andy has done.

I'm now racing a Lotus 61 formula Ford, and presently in the midst of a
'winter overhaul'. HMSA is doing a series on the restoration on their website,
so if your interested just click on this link:
http://hmsausa.com/news/releases/lotus_1.html

Again, keep up the good work. I can truly appreciate your efforts.
Carl        (formerly) series 1 Sunbeam Alpine