Boot lid, and wiring

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Boot lid, and wiring
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 18:53:51 -0500
It think it was Curt who mentioned he wanted to possible obtain new wiring.

I got a wiring harness from British Wiring in Illinois. I think it actually
came from the British firm AutoSpark, and it was a spot on match for the
original
harness for the Mk 1A with a generator. All connectors, wire colors, shrink
and fabric wraps were exactly the same. I would recommend them highly, if they
still offer the AutoSpark harness.

As for the boot lid with the no-extra cost bondo supplement, you'll need to
decide whether to contact the seller for some sort of explanation and/or
financial
reduction. If you do choose to just keep it and have your body shop perform
metal work, it might be a good time to decide where you'd like to mount your
rear license plate(i.e. on the lid or under the bumper). In my case, I had the
body shop neatly fill in the bracket holes on the lid so that I could mount
the plate under my rear bumper. My understanding is that the Rootes dealer
supplied
the bracket,but  there is no right or wrong location for the rear plate. It
was left up to the owner.

RB
B382000048