screwing with my transmission -- very bad idea file

To: "Alpine Discussion List" <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: screwing with my transmission -- very bad idea file
From: "Barry Hayes" <bhayes@cs.stanford.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 14:36:50 -0800
I have this here electric-converted Alpine V, with a 4-speed.

One of the problems with electric cars is that when you are parked,
there is no compression to keep the car from rolling, so just the hand
brake keeps the car in place. Well, that and a piece of 2x4 I chock
with, and I'm after improving this situation.

Suggestions? I don't really use 4th, so I could turn that into locking
my wheels. That sure scares me ..
I could maybe just get a better chock.
Anyone?

--
bhayes yat cs dot stanford dot edu is what you should put in your
contact files -- it'll forward to me no matter where I move