[Alpines] Carburetor rebuilding in Southern California needed

To: List Alpine <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Alpines] Carburetor rebuilding in Southern California needed
From: Ed Howard <edsonh2000@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:34:19 -0700 (PDT)
Can anyone recommend someone who would be good at
re-building my dual carbs on my 67 Alpine Mark 5. I
live in Orange County, California.

I bought and installed the "carb rebuild" kit but one
of the carb pistons is still sticking and I really
don't have the knowedge to go further with it. The car
does not run right unless the choke is pulled all the
way out and then it idles too high.

Also, does anyone have a set of original air cleaners
to go on the carbs? And maybe an idle set screw?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed Howard
Orange County, CA
1967 Mark 5 Alpine