[Alpines] engine mods

To: alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: [Alpines] engine mods
From: "William Lewis" <william.lewis@ucdmc.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 15:45:15 -0700
I did use the KB grind on my camshaft.  The head was decked because it had
rotted out and had to be welded.  I have to run supreme to prevent the
knocking.  I didn't know anything about the Vizard grind.  Good thing to
know.  If the head ever comes back off, I will make that change.

 I have the twin Zeniths and I put in the larger choke tubes (30 mm) and
jets.  Going to the larger choke tubes and jets hurt the bottom end pull
but helped the top end.  The car still feels like it is starving at the
high end and it would be nice to have carbs where I can rejet them easily
to play with various combinations.  Some folks think the Weber 28/36 is
the best set up.  A friend of mine is running ICTs that he dropped onto
the log manifold.  I am assuming that much of the problem with the log
manifold setup is the log manifold.  I can't see that thing flowing well
even though I cleaned mine up and tried to match it to the head best I
could.

Is there a website where all this great Alpine knowledge is posted?
Searching through the newsgroup archives is not easy.

Bill Lewis
FrankenSeries II
Alpines@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html