autox-cm

Heeeeeeer's Johnny!

To: autox-cm@autox.team.net
Subject: Heeeeeeer's Johnny!
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 17:17:15 -0500
Well I finally pulled the trigger (speaking in terms that Eric and Mike
can relate to) and have "ordered" my CM ride.  I will be picking it up
this weekend at the Canadian border.  (Kinda like a big, international
drug deal)

1985 Swift DB-1.  Bill Tebbutt car.  Good basic package from what I have
learned from you all.  The only possible down sides, that can easily be
fixed in time, are the 10:31 ring and pinion and the 160 compound tires.
Any comments on the gear ratio's from those running the 10:31 rear end
would be appreciated.  I ran the numbers and even a short first gear
looks too tall.  Someone please tell me I'm wrong.  The seller will
include 6 ratio's of my choice and I am trying to figure them out soon.
If you don't mind, kindly reply in private with your ratios.  Not so
much to copy anyone, but more to learn what ratios are actually
available.  The tires have an obvoius solution of course.  Can anyone
use a couple sets of 160's with only a few heat cycles on them?

It won't hit the course for a few weeks...I am comitted to running a
Honda S2000 (which steers much like a FF) at the uncoming Milwaukee
CenDiv Championship Series event.  Will be trophy fodder at Topeka for
sure this year though!  WooHoo, I'm not a slut anymore!!!!

Pat

P.S.  Who is the keeper of the CM numbers now days?

///
///  autox-cm@autox.team.net mailing list
///